You can choose to log in and register at the tax authority website or use AllindiaITR’s portal to e-file your income tax returns online.
1. Go to the official website of Income Tax Department and begin the account registration process. Click on the "Register yourself" button and this will open the account registration page.
2. Select the User Type from the list and click "Continue".
3. Now enter all the “Basic Details” and click "Continue".
4. Complete the Registration form and click “Submit”.
If the validation is successful, then you will get a “Registration successful” message.
5. Then you will receive a confirmation e-mail with an activation link. Just click on the link to activate your account. Or,
6. An SMS with OTP (One time Password) will be sent to your provided mobile number. Enter the OTP to activate the link.
Now, if you want to log in to your account follow the below steps –
1. Go back to the login page of Income Tax Department and try to log into your account by entering the credentials.
2. Once you have logged in, you can access your dashboard for all the options available to help you with Income Tax Return Filing, ITR-V Acknowledgment status or Refund status.
Income Tax Return can be filed in any of the following ways:
While filing for Income Tax Returns no other documents are required. But verification documents will be required during assessments and inquiry which is why it is advisable that a taxpayer must maintain these documents and be able to produce them when required.
If you have paid taxes on your own you may be asked to confirm this with the Challan Identification Number (CIN). This is the number you receive from a designated bank when you pay your taxes either offline or online at the tin nsdl portal.