Q. For FY 2016-17, due date for tax filing is set to 31st July, 2017.
For the financial year of 2016-17, due date for filing income tax is set to 31st of July with no exceptions declared till now. The due date of tax filing is same for all the parts of India. For advance tax payers, ITR forms are already available in the official website of IT department. Forms can be downloaded from there or you can use our e-filing system to pay advance taxes without facing any hassle.
- Start your income tax E-filing today with us.
- To file through our web-based system
- To file through our mobile-app based system (Android)
- To file through our mobile-app based system (IOS)
Q. Essential documents for filing income tax return
To e-file income tax return with us, you will not need to submit any documents but you will need to enter some required data to fill in the web-based form.
General documents Required:
- Pan card
- Aadhaar card number
- Passport details if available
- Bank accounts details
- Challans of paid taxes
- TDS certificate if applicable
- In case of revised return, you need to enter details of original return and notice received from IT department
Documents Required for Salaried personnel:
- Salary certificate or Form 16
- Arrear details
Details of income from house property:
- Property address details
- Housing loan documentation, if applicable
- Tenant details, if applicable
- Co-owner details, if applicable
Documents Required for Capital gains:
- For immovable property, you must have sale / purchase documentation
- For movable properties such as shares or securities, you must have contractual receipts for sale / purchase, date and amount details, incurred expenses.
- To get exemption from capital gains, you must have re-investment details, deposit details and date & amount report.
Details of tax saving investments:
- Details of all insurance policies and bonds
- PPF or PF passbook
- Details of senior citizen schemes
- Details of any educational expenses
- Any donation receipts
- Details of any loans and interests
- Certificate of medical unfitness and disabilities
Details of income / assets from foreign countries:
- Salary slips for income made during foreign stay
- Account statement for foreign account
- Details of all kinds of foreign assets
Q. Guidelines to upload your pre-filled Form-16
With us, it is very easy to upload a pre-filled Form 16 and e-file income tax with that.
To upload your Form 16, please follow the steps described below:
- Access our website from a desktop or open our mobile app.
- Log in to your user account with accurate credentials.
- Click on the “Upload Form 16” button located on the home page.
- Select the form from your device.
- Follow the on screen command to complete the tax filing process.
If you do not have a Form-16 then you can click on the “Easy start for new Form-16 beginners” button from our home page and follow the on-screen instructions to generate one.
Q. File income tax return without Form 16
If your employer had not issued a Form-16 for you then also you can file your income tax return with our e-filing system:
- Calculate your gross salary which must include all allowances.
- Some allowances such as HRA or TA is non-taxable if it falls under the prescribed slab. Calculate all such allowances to avail maximum possible deductions in your tax returns.
- Also deduct all professional taxes you have paid from the calculations.
- Next, calculate all the interest / income / investments / loan related to housing property as these must be declared in your tax return form. 30% deduction can be claimed for any income generated from house property. The municipal tax can be deducted from the housing income tax calculations.
- Next, calculate all your capital gains and income from other sources to declare them in the form.
- Next claim all possible deductions, taxes, TDS and e-file your return.
As long as you have all the information, it is easy and possible to e-file tax return without using Form 16 by using our e-filing system.
Q. To reset forgotten password for your user account
With All India ITR e-filing system, it is easy to retrieve your forgotten password for your user account:
- Click on the “Sign In” button located at the top right corner of the page.
- On that page, click on the “Forgot Password” button from the bottom of sign in box.
- On the next page, select the preferred method of resetting password link / OTP. The available methods are via User name, Email ID, PAN and Mobile number.
- Whichever you select from these four, you need to enter the related information in the next box.
- Click on “Search”. If you select User name or Email ID or PAN then you will receive an email with password resetting link in your registered email. Click on that and you will be able to choose a new password for your account.
- Selecting “mobile number” will send an OTP to your registered mobile number. Enter that code and it will allow you to reset your account password.
For more assistance, get in touch with our expert team by using our contact form.